Monday, May 4, 2009

Double brested might just work...

I am adamant that men look their best in a fitted, well-tailored suit. And in the past, I would have argued that unless you were overweight, your suit would have needed to be single-breasted. However, fall 09' runways presented some really nice double breasted suits that have forced me to re-evaluate my past standings.




I really enjoy where these cuts are going so what remains now is for me to try them for myself. This might just be the start of a wonderful relationship...just don't tell my girlfriend!!

But be aware that there is a difference between a fitted suit that hugs the body and a suit that is so slim and small that it might as well have been taken from your sisters/girlfriends closet. I agree with Tom Ford when he said," when a man’s butt is showing below the bottom of his jacket, I think it makes him look like a female flight attendant from the back—not my idea of sexy."

2 comments:

Terence Sambo said...

I've got a lot of respect for Tom but i got to disagree with him on the part abt suit jacket lengths. Designers move with time adn dnt just design frocks , they get the psyche of wats going on. Cut have become narrower and shorter and men's jackets and they look fab to me as long as its midway thru the bum.

The Foreigner said...

you have a valid point. I agree that we design according to the times and that we must look at what is going on around us in order to achieve beautiful designs. In addition, I totally agree that a suit is amazing when fitted tightly to your body. I just think that there is a limit to what length a suit jacket should have. Yes, it doesn't have to be a frock, but to much bum exposure isn't elegant either. Thank you so much for your comment. I value your input.