Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring is here...almost anyway

This week we saw glimmers of hope that spring was finally on the horizon. And with it, I had intended to blog about some of the great colors that we are seeing from Lacoste and other fashion houses. However, with all the rain that fell today, all I could think about were white sandy beaches, and how nice it would be if I was lounging out by them. But since traveling seems out of the question for while, I'll do the next best things...Show you what luggage I would choose if I were.

Globe Trotter’s luggage would be my first choice. Not only have they remained the same cool and classy company since 1897, but they just happen to have a limited edition collection out called ‘Surf Rider.’ Along with minor changes to the linings, colors and straps, it features Hawaiian shirt print lining along the inside. It's like they want me to leave!
globe-trotter-surf-rider-collection-01 Globe Trotter Surf Rider Collection
When can I leave?

The other option I would recommend this year would be that of Samsonite Black Label. And although I would usually hold off on purchasing Samsonite luggage until I turned 40 and my dull side kicked in, their collaboration with designers Victor & Rolf brings a new sense of class and playfulness to the table. Their collection was inspired by the early ’50s & ’60s jet set years, and feature vintage airplane prints alongside Viktor & Rolf’s traditional yet contemporary spin on details. A grate choice for those who like a little fun in their lives.
samsonite-black-label-viktor-rolf-front Samsonite Black Label By Viktor & Rolf
A different look than that of Glob Trotter, but a great option non the less. I guess it's my bias to Scandinavians that does it.

Well, all that remains now is deciding where I want to go...

source Globe-Trotter
source Samsonite BL

No comments: